Saturday, November 27, 2004

What a jackass

Just received the following message from http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/ regarding my choice of username:

  • Far be it for me to suggest a screen name, but for membership to the Authentic Campaigner Forums, one's posts would be taken more seriously if their screen name wasn't taken for a character in a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western ... and their email address wasn't a character in a science fiction triad.

    67.64.114.186 / Arch.Stanton / Aloysius Bosch / Dallas, TX / Reenactor / han.solo@prodigy.net

    Please re-apply with non-movie (hopefully Civil War related) identifiers.

    Scott McKay, moderator
    Authentic Campaigner Forums

Here is my reply:

Dear Mr. McKay,

Thank you for the suggestion. The email address will not change as it is the one I use for exchange with my college students. Yes, it's whimsical, but I like it.

What would be a more serious name? I see that "Zoidy13," "AmazingKenneth," "Artillery_Dude," "hireddutchcutthroat," "theotherguy," and "Saturn the Giant" have already been taken. I have no desire to be Boba Fett, Han Solo, Tron, or General Lee; furthermore, I had intended to sign my real name to posts. I did not realize that the login name needed to be as sincere as your message suggests.

I look forward to your reply and remain,

Your Obedient Servant,

AB

The Authentic Campaigner is a message board for "hardcore and progressive" hobbyists. It is otherwise a well-respected source of information for Civil War hobbyists. Too bad. I'm not holding my breath regarding my ability to post, read, etc., messages about a FUCKING HOBBY!!!

No comments: