Thursday, October 05, 2006

iVictim

Some piece of shit student stole my fucking iPod from my filing cabinet at school. They had to have done it while I was out of the room, and there's only one time of the day that I'm not in the room: fourth period.

I don't blame the teacher that uses my class during fourth. When I'm standing at my door (per the administration's directive, to ensure the little darlings get to class), I know that a suspicious device could be detonated in the room with little chance that I'll see it happen. That given, I was not in my class at any point in the day. I was in the auditorium, making sure that my classes sat through an incredibly meaningful review of the student code of conduct. That means that with the exception of 4th period my room was locked all day long.

What's worse is that the only reason that I stashed it in my filing cabinet (under a pile of papers, no less) was that I didn't want to be in violation of the student code of conduct while students were reviewing the student code of conduct--no electronic devices or hand-held video games are allowed in DISD schools during school hours. The only reason that I even had the thing at school was that I use it for class: presentations, music, television rebroadcasts, etc.

Dang. It's enough to make a fellow hate public school kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have spent the past hour reading your WHOLE BLOG...senoir Snarky...in the words of a certain Mr Burns, "excellent"