Sunday, January 28, 2007

And now a word about Elitism...

I like to call a spade a spade, so I would like to make the following disclaimers regarding Elitism and Education:
  • If public education is good enough for others but not your own kind, that's elitism.
  • I will send my kids to the best institutions of learning that I can.
  • If I have to take a money shot of man-jam from someone's tumid, uncircumcised cock in order to send my kids to the best institutions of learning, I will pack breath mints.
  • If public schools in Dallas fail to offer my kids the best educational opportunity possible (which will be likely in the case of middle school), then I will send my kids to a private school until such time as public schools offer the best educational opportunity. Is this elitist? You bet your sweet ass it is, and when Hadley and Dash are in middle school, I will not be a public school fan, but at least I'm willing to admit it.
Am I an elitist? Yup. And I know who the good teachers are in Dallas public schools. And I will move to make sure my kids go there. And I will sleep well at night with no guilt whatsoever.

And for the record, Gina, I sincerely wish you, your kids, and your company the very best. The world (and public schools in particular) need more people like you who want to do the right thing, even if they are nimbys.

No comments: