Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dept. of Potentially Bad Parenting Choices


I took my daughter to Club Libby Lu, a store/salon for little "princesses." Check out the web site here: http://www.clublibbylu.com/ This place is kind of like Paris Island Boot Camp, and by Paris I mean Hilton. Lots of make-up, lots of pink, and lots of bling. Madonna's "material girl" phase has nothing on this place. Think Paris-the-Heiress for pre-teens.

Granted, I took her to this place because one of my students works there, and she told me that she would do Hadley's nails, convinced me that it's a lot of fun for little girls, etc. I'm not entirely sure that I should have taken a three-and-a-half-year-old. We--we? who am I kidding--I bought a little stuffed dog, dog collar, dog shirt, and dog purse to carry the dog in a la Parisite Hilton. Clearly, the salesgirl/salon technician saw me coming.

That having been said, she did sprinkle glitter dust in my daughter's hair, painted her nails, and generally treated her like a "big girl." And Hadley has already named her new dog Trevor--yeah, I don't know where that came from, either. Furthermore, Hadley did have a gay old time, so I'm thinking I got my twenty-five buck's worth.

But I still feel like I may have opened Pandora's make-up kit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such fun to read about your trip to Club Libby Lou. That is a treat that few little girls get to experience. Days like that will be great memories for Hadley in the future. Although you present yourself as a tough teacher type, you're definitely a softie as a daddy.