Friday, August 13, 2004

Dept. of Free Association

Follow me, my little monkeys, because this here's a pretty fair summary of the way my mind works:

While reviewing my class rosters, trying to figure out how to pronounce names, I ran across a kid named Nestor. (It's worth noting that the real reason I go through these is so that I can get any stupid puns I might come up with out of my system.) Naturally (for me), I immediately start thinking up stupid puns when I get to his name, obscure references to the Trojan War and Telemachus, "So, do you know where I can find Ulysses," etc.

Well, not even five names later, I have another kid named Ulises! O frabjous joy! Calloo callay! My geeky little English major heart is about to explode with delight. Could it get any better? Is there an Agammemnon Jablonkawicz later on in the roster? An Aeneas Romano?

It got better: the last girl on the list is named Molly. yes I said yes I will Yes.

1 comment:

Good Wife said...

lol! I knew teachers secretly did that! And now I have proof! ;0)