Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My cousin Bobby's namesake...

Today, October 12th, in 1870, Washington College's President Robert Edward Lee died.

And yes, I do have a cousin named Robert Lee Bosch, but Bobby was actually named after his momma, Roberta, and not the venerated general. Bobby's living a very confused life in a mobile home somewhere in Virginia right now.

Which is nearly as fucked up as a friend of mine from college named Lee C___, who had a brother named Grant C___. Their mother and father didn't make the connection until the boys were in elementary school.

However, the bullet dodger of the month goes to me; I was nearly named James Ewell Brown Stuart Bosch. Yeah, 'JEB Stuart Bosch' would've guaranteed many an ass-whippin' in my developmental years. Thanks, mom, for going light on the drugs and keeping your head during childbirth. All things considered, I'll take Aloysius.

No comments: