Sunday, October 17, 2004

Quick, Robin!

And BatCon hurtles ever closer. Actually, it's called the Dallas Comicon, but for the longest time, the producers were calling it BatCon.

http://www.dallascomiccon.com

Maybe the fact that the majority of the guests are Star Trek rejects has something to do with the name change. At any rate, Michael Keaton is going to be there. Last time they had Adam West, so I'm not entirely certain if this is a step up or down. I argue for the latter as I'm a huge West fan, but I realize that I'm in the minority.

What really confuses me is that Keaton is appearing to peddle his upcoming release, "SomethingI'llProbablyRent," rather than to talk about his former donning o' the tights. How is he going to handle a couple of hundred mouth-breathing fanboys, all of whom are far more interested in knowing who gives better stinky-finger (Catwoman or Vicky Vale) than hearing about the more challenging issues brought up in "Clean and Sober?"

And what about poor Peter Mayhew, who will, once again, make another appearance in North Texas sans Wookie-wear? Can somebody give Chewie a little respect here?

For the record, yes, I'm going, and yes, I'll wait in line for Keaton's autograph, and yes, I'll probably still get a geeky little thrill out of seeing Chewie... again.

No comments: