Monday, September 03, 2007

This Year's Schedule

I've been busy--very busy--these past few weeks. Here is my class schedule:

Zero Hour: AP Art History (before school, 7:50-8:40)
1st Period: AP English Language and Composition
2nd Period: Campus Instruction and Leadership Planning (CILT) Committee
3rd Period: AP English Language and Composition
4th Period: Planning
5th Period: AP English Language and Composition
6th Period: AP English Language and Composition
7th Period: AP English Language and Composition

I'm having to re-learn all of the art history. This is okay because I really like it, but I don't think I've prepared this much for a class ever, even my first year of teaching. Fortunately, the former art history teacher is kind enough to give me her lesson plans, and she has even gone so far as to extend an open invite to call her and clarify the slides. I fear that I may become annoying to her very soon.

CILT Committee means that every day I am pretty much on call 2nd period to do "department-chair-type stuff." Please read that last bit with your best Pee Wee Herman impression.

So, to you, kind anonymous contributor, that is why I have not posted in a while. I've been doing my best imitation of a one-legged cat trying to bury a turd on a hot tin roof. That having been said, please see the next post....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.